Saturday, February 21, 2009

It has been a long time

My goodness, have I become that person who can not find the time to blog except once a month. I do not have the answer to this question, but lately it has felt very busy. Seems like yesterday, it was summer and my family was in town to celebrate mother's day. I was looking back through pictures and was amazed by how large I had gotten. It was the weekend before Jonah was born. Time is flying by and it is hard to believe 9 months has past.

Jonah is crawling everywhere. He follows Kris and I around the house. The pitter patter sounds throughout the house are amazing. His favorite game is chase. All you have to say is "I am going to get you". Jonah puts his face to the ground, begins to crawl away from you as fast as he can and is giggling the whole time. Once you catch up and tickle him, this is when you get the deep tummy laugh. He is sleeping great :) the equals a happy mommy. The "Good morning song" wakes him up on week day mornings. He wakes us up on the weekends with a big smile while standing at the foot of his crib. To those mommies out there, isn't this the best?

Jonah has become a blanket baby. The blanket calms him. There are countless times when the nighttime routine is over, he is sure to have his blanket in hand when daddy picks him up and hands him to me for his nighttime bottle.

The summer is coming and we are excited. I wonder what Jonah is going to think about sand. Is he going to cooperate with us when we dig a big hole and make our own play pen for Jonah to sit in? This method worked great for his cousin Grady, but was not able to coral his other cousin Barrett. Pictures on the beach is what I am talking about.

Kris and I have registered for a triathlon here in the Raleigh area. This is a race that involves swimming a half mile, cycling 17 miles and running 3.2 miles. Kris and I have taken up to cycling over the past couple of years. I am ready to get back on the bike, my new amazing bike. I was fortunate to not gain a ridiculous amount of weight during my pregnancy. I actually gained weight after birth (which is strange). I have been able to manage my food intake and lose the "baby weight". But I am ready to lose more. Training will begin this week and I am excited. When I was pregnant I thought I should create a group of new mommies trying to get back in shape after birth. The name of the group would be "Triathlons after Trimesters". I am excited to have something to work toward. My parents have agreed to have Jonah waiting for us at the finish line. I will continue to keep you posted on my progress.

I am away from home at the time but will share pictures real soon.

No comments: