Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Faith

It has not been since Jonah was born in May that I have had to rely on faith. Until this morning, I had to rely on faith when Jonah was taken back for surgery to get tubes put in his ears. If you are not aware of the history, Jonah has had 7 confirmed ear infections since December. Ear infection number 8 was found today by the surgeon. We have tried 5 different antibiotics, even tried antibiotic shots. But the ear infections keep coming back. It was time for something more. I am hoping these tubes allow Jonah to hear better and no longer have to suffer from ear infections.

As a new parent, I had to call on faith very early in Jonah's life. I had to let go and allow God, the nurses and doctors take care of my baby boy. Last night I prayed for the same. I asked for God to protect Jonah from harm when I could not be with him during surgery. I prayed for safety and a good surgery. Jonah was taking a nap while waiting for the surgeon. It helped Kris and I to see that Jonah was at peace when taken back in Dr. Boyce's arms asleep. We were only in the waiting room for 12 minutes. By the time we got back to see him, he was eating with his eyes closed. This helped me know that he was ok. It was a good day overall and I feel like his recovery will be quick.

I thank God for being Jonah's protector. I have heard from many people that your child getting tubes is like a miracle. We have heard, "you will be surprised how happy your baby will become". Kris and I already feel like we have a happy baby. I don't see how it could get any better. We will see....

No comments: