Kris, Jonah and I survived our first day with daddy going back to work. This was a very busy day for Jonah and myself and went by faster than I would have expected. Kris was able to get up for work during the 6:00 am feeding with Jonah and the day began for both of us. I shed a couple of tears as Kris's truck left the driveway but was able to pull myself together for a busy day. It was hard to see Kris go back to work.
Jonah kept me busy yesterday as we continue to figure each other out. Here is a summary of some of the trials from yesterday. By 9:00 he was wearing his third outfit. Sorry for all of the laundry daddy. Between the spit up, super poopy diapers, and the infamous peeing during a diaper change, he can go through some clothes. Naptime did not go as well as planned. He was eager to stay awake and fight all things dealing with a nap. We did get our feeding schedule a little more fine tuned.
Some of the celebrations and best parts of the day were Jonah falling asleep on my chest, Kris walking through the door at the end of the work day, getting Jonah to take a nap, spending time with Kris on the patio and eating dinner with my husband.
Things are going good for today. Jonah is just finishing his 2 hour nap, so I thought I would make good use of my time and update the blog. Getting him to go down for a long nap has given me a great since of accomplishment. It is crazy how busy your day can be with a newborn and the smallest things give you the greatest joy. Mom, daddy and baby are doing great. Each day we figure something out that helps with the next day and love every minute with our baby boy.
Here are some more pictures....




3 comments:
I HAVE GOT TO GET MY HANDS ON HIM!!! I could just eat him up...he is precious!!!! Stick to babywise...you have seen what it can do...its hard, but like you say, each day you learn a new trick to put in your back pocket...you are doing great and looking great too! xoxoxox-Aunt D
PS--this blog thing is sooo addicting...I absolutley LOVE it..I feel like I am always connected to whats going on in your life..thanks for sharing and keep the post coming!!!
ok, love the stud muffin onesie. that's funny :) it was fun talking to you today. hope your visit w/ tanner was an easy one. and i'm so glad that things w/ jonah are going well. i'm always around if you ever need to talk during the day. xoxo
Post a Comment